Monday, April 14, 2014

Holaaaaa I love you all soo much

Well this week semed to go by faster than usual. I feel like I just emailed you guys. My comp was all like "Its P-day already?"and Im all like I know its crazy"... but then again I know its P-day because my body tells me haha... 

this week was Hermana Adam's first week in the field. She is the new hermana in our house. She is from Washington.. near Everett... Its weird to think I was her 6 weeks ago. I remember how Sundays were so exhausting but now i can understand more and Im not AS tired lol... Its crazy to see how far I have grown since last transer... in spanish and the Gospel.. I mean I am nothing close to perfect but I feel successful and that I am actually making a difference.

Yesterday in Parra we had for the first time ever... Sunday school for the youth! Usually its combined but they called Lysandro as the teacher for the youth and it went really well. My first sunday in Parra there was about 4-5 people and yesterday we had 20-21!!!! And we almost have a whole family reactivated! a WHOLE family... oh my goodness. It was really cool and then they shared their testimonies and its so cool to see they actually KNOW this is true... they just needed some push and encouragement. We're trying to strengthen the families here and their faith.

Oh man, this week or maybe it last week... anyway.. recently we discovered we have a whole another area within our area... our area is hugeeee. The elders quorum president showed us around and we met a lot of people... inactive members and had a lesson with one guy and then met with him again.. and he was watching conference in his colmato! and then we were teaching and i didnt know how to express what i wanted to say and he knows some english and was like say it in english... but then again taht was kinda hard too and i was super repetitive.. ha.. in our district meeting this last week my comp and i had a practice and our district leader said to do it in english for the new hermana and my comp had a really hard time... haha... i mean i didnt struggle as bad but she was like... i dont know how to say that it in english lol.. she is afraid she wont be able to teach the gospel in english... but she will be she just has been doing it in spanish for the last year is all. Anyway, that guy that we taught in kinda in english he came to church yesterday and brought two friends... i think he might just come back again... i really hope so.

some people just need an invite. 

Anyway, If you want to hear more about my week you can always follow my comps blog too. Hermana Jacey Preisler... shes pretty good about writing about the people... I am still learning this whole writing thing... lol.


Well I love Dominican Life... my comp and i made a dominican meal this last week and it turned out pretty good. Only thing is Dominican cooking is really bad haha... a lot of oil but we drained a lot of the oil out so it was super super dominican haha... it was like this egg thing. you can eat it with rice.. but i am not a huge fan of rice ha.. oh and we banana bread last week. i may have said that last week.. it turned out pretty good. it was dominican too cause i got a dominican to write what he could remember for the receipe in the CCM haha.

oh man... well life is good. I honestly do forget i am white... until i walk down the street and get all this attention. While i have been sitting here in email a guy was talking at me in broken english saying: "She is really beautful" "welcome to my country"... oh man... 

but anway I love you all. 
God lives and loves us and if we really want to be happy we can search Him out and He will help us. It still takes work on our part but i promise that its worth it. 

Keep the faith... you have. and press forward!

I love you!


Hermana Hildman

No comments:

Post a Comment