Monday, July 14, 2014

do yah miss me? ;)


I will have been out 6 months tomorrow. shoot.... do you guys miss me? haha thats a long time. im told it gets WAY faster after 6 months... "dique"which is DR slang for "supposedly". It's weird to think that a day after tomorrow I will be home in less than a year...

 

Entonces.....

Something interesting that happened this last week is: i got bed bugs. That was fun. However it wasnt that bad. I woke up one morning with bug bites which honestly isnt a surprise even though i have a mosquito net. I was telling the other hermanas that i had gotten eaten the night before and had a line of them on my leg. I literally had 13-15 little bug bites in a zig zag line like the snake river on my thigh. I was informed they were NOT mosquito bites but probably bed bugs so we checked my bed and sure enough i had some. So i ended up washing like everything.... my sheets, the clothes i had worn the day before, the clothes that touched those clothes and then i showered too. and gracias a Dios... my comp had bed bug spray and i sprayed my mattress. I havent been bit since so thats good. Anyway, needless to say it was a busy morning due to all the washing but it was good. Im just glad it wasnt lice because i want to avoid having lice my whole mission bit we'lll see how that goes... 

 

Anyway, so i want to share an experience i wrote in my journal this last week with you guys:

 

My companion and I were about to leave Las Flores (a barrio en our area) but were going to stop by Isabel's first because her husband had just died. My companion was, well was beginning to be, uneasy because we had not prepared anything in specific to share and was like "we need a scripture!. do you have one???"and I was like its fine we'll just put d&c to the test. She asked, what does that mean? I said in the very moment we need to share, we'll know what to share... to which she replied... you share it then.... haha... i told her okay but if thought of one to share it too.

 

Anyway, we show up at Isabels house the same time this couple does too on a motor so we walk in together. Isabels daughter (who weve never met) lets us in. A nieghbor shortly shows up too adn were sitting on the couch and we were told Isabel was sleeping so we decdided to visit with the other guests. Turns out the couple were students of Isabel and have been together 15 years and have 3 cute kdis.... funny experience ill quickly insert. She showed us a picture and said "how could anyone say they were ugly?"and i heard... which one is ugly? and i was like none of them are ugly but that one looks unhappy... and yah... she turned to my comp and was like she doesnt understand. i was like whatd she say? oh man.... but anyway we visited for un chin (a little) and asked since Isabel was sleeping if we could share a short message with them they said "claro"... or "Clearly". So we sang a hymn said a prayer.. and boom! a scripture popped in my head. It was cool. The spirit of the lesson was really cool. and then afterwards the daughter came in and said Isabel was awake and wanted us to come visit her. We come in to visit and find out she too is sick (with Chickungunyah) and so we sang, had a prayer, visited for a little, sang and Julio (our branch mission leader) just happened to appear and sang the last verse to the song. he asked if we were just starting and we said ending but we asked if he could offer the prayer and it was a really nice prayer. 

Anyway this was cool. The Lord's timing is perfect and He really does take care of His children, usually through others but He does watch out for us, i know it.

 

 

 

I did have another experience personally that really went to show me AGAIN God knows us and He knows how to help us and when. He sets things up perfectly... its sometimes frustrating, ha.

 

Because, you start to doubt or feel alone and you pray hoping someone much bigger than you can help and then... boom... He does. crazy how that works.

 

 

God is real and He is our Father in Heaven. No i havent had a vision or seen something miraculous in the eyes of the world but i have seen His hand in my life to pick me up, comfort me and send me/lead me to something i need in the exact moment just to show He's there.

 

I love all of you. I hope you have a great week and really try to see God's hand in your life.

 

We really are so blessed. Im glad He loves us so much because without Him I really cant do anything.

Anyway, i love you!!

 

 

con mucho amor,

 

Hermana Hildman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment