Monday, February 2, 2015

Small and simple things Jan 19 2015


So this week went by pretty fast.

Some things that happened this week:

1. ERICK GOT BAPTIZED!!!!










2. I got food poisoning.. and was out for a good whole day. That wasnt fun.

3. I hit year in the mission!










4. I mit Victor Payano who is a pitcher for the Texas Rangers.













Any way my dear loved ones, I dont have a lot of time but I just wanted to share a small experience I had this week.

We have a friend/investigator whos name is Juan Carlos. He is haitian but has lived here in the DR for over 14 years now. He speaks several languages and is taking our english class we offer every saturday. Hes come to church a few times but he works a lot. Anyway this saturday was his birthday and we forgot to wish happy birthday in class but we called him that night and he was so happy .He said he had even forgotten it was his birthday because no one had wished him a happy birthday. It was just a small act but it meant a lot to him, and it meant a lot to me that we could have Idone that for him.

He lives alone and works a lot. I dont know him a whole lot but he came to church on sunday and gave us hugs after church. Which was kind of awkward because we cant hug those of the opposite sex but he hugged us and was really touched by our small act of calling him the day before.

I truly know that God loves us, and that he uses others to help meet the needs of His children. I am here sharing the gospel and teaching about Jesus Christ. But really I am here as His representative doing as He would do. I know Christ lives and that He died for us.

We are loved. We are imperfect and we have dificulties but the Gospel of Jesus Christ helps strengthen all.

Never underestimate the small and simple acts you do. People remember the acts and how they felt.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

con amor,

Hermana Hildman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment