Monday, June 30, 2014

STRETCHHHHHH


Happy almost July!

 

I suppose my 'subject' today is missions really stretch you.

 

This last week i went on intercambios with hermana kantoa who is the companion of hermana glauser who was sick. Hermana kantoa is from a group of islands near fiji. english is her 2nd language therefore making espanol her 3rd. so this was my first time being the companion who knew more spanish, and lets just say i was super exhausted. it was cool when hermana kantoa would testify though. she may not have conjugated everything right but the general idea was understood and more importantly the Spirit could be ferlt which was really cool.

 

I feel that really just goes to show that this is God's work. His missionaries/serveants are NOT scholars and scriptorians and even if they were if the Spirit wasnt with them it'd do them no good.

 

Im reminded of a quote by Ezra Taft Benson:

"The Spirit is the most important element in this work. With the Spirit magnifiying your call, you can do miracles for the Lord in the mission field. Without the Spirit, you will never suceed regardless of your talent and ability"

 

I for one do not know a lot of spanish or a ton of scriptures or huge doctrines, but that doesnt matter. I have been called and set apart as one worthy to preach the Gospel. 

 

I know the Lord knows me and these people. Only by listening to the Spirit will i see/have any success in this work. 

 

When i went out with hna kantoa i was a little stressed and i honestly WANTED to be the one who stayed in with hna glauser but i knew i needed to pray and ask the Lord. I knelt down and expressed my concern and my fears and then i felt a feeling of comfort come over me and the thought ýou can do it'i still had a little miedo (fear)  but instead of dwelling on it i tossed it aside and focused on the comfort i had received through prayer.

 

im not going to say that the day went perfect and i suddenly became a fluent, native spaeaker and maginificent teacher.. because i didnt but we did meet some new people, worked with a reactivated member and had several lessons where the Spirit was present.

 

God streches us. He "brings the heat"and streches us. It is only when we get "cold"and shut down do we "break"... I may or may not have just compared ourselves to taffy ha but really that really is how we grow and stretch.

 

I'm reminded of a last general conference talk from Elder Bednar (LOGAN YOUR FAV APOSTLE!) called "bear up their burdens with ease". He kept mentioning "this load"that we all carry and how its nessary for our "Traction". He mentioned:

 

"sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of a load"

 

I liked that he then shared the scripture:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for i am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"- Matthew 11:28-30

 

because its necessary for us to have a load and we call carry one, why carry one were currently carrying when we can carry Christ's which is light and the yoke is easy.

 

Our burdents arent taken away because their necessary for our growth and "traction"but with coming unto Christ who will gives us rest, who will give us the strength needed to carry the burdens and help us carry them.

 

So... load are necessary and so if im going to have to carry one i want to carry the burden which is lighter, which is Christ's.

 

My mission is definitely stretching me in many ways... other than physically... ha... but really, I am spritually growing and developing a stronger relationship with Heavenly Father. He really does love us and He is our Father. He's always tehre and like I did this last week in saying a prayer. It was as if I was kneeling at His feet and He gave me the Fatherly advice and comfort I really needed. 

 

I truly do know God lives and answers prayers. He really does love us.

 

Life is hard and we all have heavy ladens placed upon us but when we seek Heavenly Help we can receive the strength needed to carry them.

 

I know Christ paid and suffered for each one of us. He completely understands and because of His Atonement we can BECOME better.

 

This Gospel is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, of hope, of truth, of light. 

I know its true..

 

I love each one of you and promise you that:

 

"..only the Gospel will save the world from calmaity of its own self destruction. Only the Gospel will unite men of all reaces and nationalities in peace. Only the Gospel will bring joy, happiness and salvataion to the human family"- Ezra Taft Benson

 

Only the Gospel.....

 

I love you guys,. Keep firm in the faith you have and strengthen it.

 

con muchiiiiisssssiiiiiimo amor,

Hermana Hildman

No comments:

Post a Comment