Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas from San Juan - Dec 22

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Hey everyone,
I am in San juan with Hermana Dibble. I am back in the south. its really beautiful here. definitely different. It has city feel and country feel. They have a downtown and then... OUT of town ha. Its really pretty though and pretty cool... like temperture wise. Theres a lot of sun but the clouds roll in around 3 or 4 and it cools down really nice. 

Hermana Dibble is from idaho too. Shes from Hayden.. which is northern idaho.. closer to spokane. Shes about the same height as me... im just a hair taller than her. Shes 19. Shes the youngest of 8... woof ha. (4 are her step siblings.. but she grew up with them). Im her second companion so thats an adjustment period because im not like her trainer and thats all she knows. BUT... we're making it work. She has 4 months. Her spanish is pretty good and shes not afraid to speak which is awesome. :)

As for the rest of the house. Im the oldest.. as far as being in the mission goes. I have 11 months. Hna dibble has 4, hna kantoa (who i lived with in OCOA!!!! ) has 8 months, and hna angeles has 4 months. Shes from mexico. Our house is pretty fun. We live right by the church. WE live across from a bakery whos a member and he gives us free bread. he gave us a big bag this morning. :)

As for everything else, I am really excited for Christmas. It doesnt quite feel like December with all the heat but nonetheless... it feels like it because Im focusing my thoughts more on Christ. 

I am really thankful to be serving as a representive as Jesus Christ and sharing about Him. He really is our Savior. He really is the biggest gift we could have ever received. He lives. His Atonement is real. His Atonement, His great sacrifice, is for everyone. He understands exactly how we feel because He suffered all pains and afflictions, sicknesses and for our sins (Alma 7:11-12) so He could sucor us. He knows how to help us. We just have to turn to Him and use His atonement.

I know God lives. He is our Father in Heaven. Change is a hard thing but really when we trust God He will help us where we lack. Just this morning my companion shared what she read in the book of mormon andi really liked it. She read 2 Nephi 7. I like verses 7-9 (im gonna highlight the parts i like best about the verses)

For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall not be confunded. ......
 And the Lord is near, and he justifieth me. Who will contendwith me?.......
For the Lord God will help me.....

God helps us where we lack if we trust Him and are obedient. I am seeing that. I am not a perfect missionary, I can not speak spanish (nor english for tht matter ha) perfectly, im not a perfect teacher, or companion... but when we do what we can... Heavenly Father helps with the rest.

I love you all!

Merry Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment